23 March 2009

Feel My Bus

Life is a lot like this bus that we spotted stuck on Baxter St during Feel My Legs. A bus has almost unlimited potential in how far it can take you and provides seemingly unlimited space to fill with your heart's desires (not to mention it as a ubiquitous symbol of education/knowledge). But then sometimes you want to go to places you probably should not. Even if you know this, the idea is intoxicating and the potential for growth being in a new, uncomfortable space is huge. Going where we shouldn't also has its risks. If it did not than it wouldn't be any different than our everyday lives. And then sometimes you get stuck on a steep incline.

Photo from Ingrid's Flickr. The bus made it up Baxter, from the steep Fargo St side, but is stuck on the ridge before the descent. In previous years we came up the road from the direction the bus is facing, but in 2009 I pulled this hill in order to include the new one in El Sereno.

What does this have to with a hill race? I'm super busy right now and going through some things I really, really wish I did not have to do, so I've been super slack on posting about Feel My Legs this year. Hopefully in the next couple days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but see, the thing is you dont drive a bus. your life isnt a bus which has become lodged on a steel hill, youre not stuck. your life is the shopping cart filled with odds and ends of different sorts and its been tipped over. the task you have at hand is whether you want to toss everything back in and continue on or whether you want to take the time and energy to organize it first.

Matthew Ruscigno said...

Anon 5:24:
What do you charge per session? And I know you live here in Los Angeles!